Concerned about Falling?
Have you been slowing down and avoiding situations and the things you love because you are afraid of falling and injuring yourself?
You are among many that feel this way. Falls continue to pose a significant problem as they are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for those over the age of 65. The most common types of injuries include hip, spine, and wrist fractures, as well as head trauma, which can result in serious disabilities.
Falling can be prevented.
Many falls relate to a person’s decline in their sensory systems (vision and vestibular), which are directly tied to your body’s balance and coordination. This is because your balance lives in your brain and relies on the sensory systems to feed it information from your surroundings. While it is important to also have strong and flexible muscles, it is only part of the solution. Strengthening your eyes and vestibular system plays a very significant role in keeping balance and should not be overlooked.
How can the BrainSpeed Ball® help?
The good news is that you can easily strengthen these sensory systems through eye tracking and head movement exercises in less than 5 minutes a day. Playing BrainSpeed Ball® provides a simple and fun way to exercise these senses and improve the serious issues that are affecting the quality of life.
- Improve your balance so that you can feel steady on your footing.
- Decrease the dizziness you may feel when moving or getting up from a chair or bed.
- Help your body feel more coordinated and energetic when walking and moving around.
- Protect yourself from injury.
- Restore confidence, feel safe, and get back to doing the things you love.